So what did I learn from this:
- Wear suncream. Ginger runners melt in hot weather
- Its ok to stop if you really have to
- I look terrible when running. What kind of sicko photographs runners for a living?
- Lucozade is probably better than water in hot weather
- After training in snow/ice/more snow/snowy ice/sleet I will struggle if it hits 17C on marathon day
- I can run faster than a 50 yr old man
- Even when you feel like everything is going wrong and you can't possibly make it, you can. And you're probably faster than you thought.
I have no idea why I got a blister. I've never had one before, and I've worn that sock/shoe combo a million times. i can only attribute it to the heat and hope it heals in time for Sunday.